Fallout Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mac OS X Lion 10.7 and CrossOver Games Mac 10.1.2

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that Fallout (GOG version) works well in window mode, without any mouse slowdown/tracking problems.

Here is my setup:

Mac Mini (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5)
Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
4GB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6630M (256 MB VRAM)

CrossOver Games (Mac) 10.1.2
Windows XP Bottle
Fallout (GOG version)

richmlow

Can anyone else confirm this? Even if it's playable only as a window, if Fallout and Fallout 2 can be run in CXG in a playable state that would be incredible.

Did you apply any patches, or dll modifications before you ran the game?

Fallout (GOG version) runs very well using CrossOver Games Mac 10.1.2 and Mac OS 10.7. I'm very happy with its performance. There are no mouse tracking/slowdown problems. Also since the game runs in a smaller window, the "low resolution" looks pretty good on today's modern displays! No modifications or patches were applied since the GOG version is the most recent version of the game.

I do not know how Fallout 2 would fare, as I don't have the game.

Right now, I'm trying to get Starfleet Command: Orion Pirates to work! =)

richmlow

rampancy wrote:

Can anyone else confirm this? Even if it's playable only as a
window, if Fallout and Fallout 2 can be run in CXG in a playable
state that would be incredible.

Did you apply any patches, or dll modifications before you ran the
game?

I'm not on 10.7 yet, but I am on CXG 10.1.2. I also run Fallout in window mode and enable the option "Allow DirectX apps to stop the mouse leaving their window." In game menus seem to be fine with mouse speed, but when exploring maps and in combat, I do notice as the mouse moves along the "grid" it does slow down to a certain degree. I think it's still playable, but I definitely notice a difference. Other than that game has been stable thus far. I am playing with version 1.2, which was installed from the Trilogy edition.

I'll definitely be curious to see if the speed of the cursor on the game maps improves with OS X 10.7 Lion.

Hi all,

I just wanted to confirm that Fallout (GOG version) continues to work well (with the Mac OS X Lion 10.7.1 update) in window mode, without any mouse slowdown/tracking problems.

Here is my setup:

Mac OS X 10.7.1 (Lion update)
4GB RAM

Windows XP Bottle
Fallout (GOG version)

richmlow

Richard M. Low wrote:

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that Fallout (GOG version) works well
in window mode, without any mouse slowdown/tracking problems.

Here is my setup:

Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion)
4GB RAM

Windows XP Bottle
Fallout (GOG version)

richmlow

Is it Lion which fixes the mouse problems or is it CXG 10.1.2?

I don't know if it is Mac OS X 10.7.1 or CXG 10.1.2 or both which fixes the problem. Nevertheless, Fallout works well with my setup.

richmlow

Deon Cui wrote:

Hi all,

I just wanted to confirm that Fallout (GOG version) continues to work well (with the Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 update) in window mode, without any mouse slowdown/tracking problems.

Here is my setup:

Mac OS X 10.7.2
4GB RAM

Windows XP Bottle
Fallout (GOG version)

richmlow

Hi all,

I just wanted to confirm that Fallout (GOG version) continues to work well (CrossOver Games Mac 10.2) in window mode, without any mouse slowdown/tracking problems.

Here is my setup:

Mac OS X 10.7.2
4GB RAM

CrossOver Games (Mac) 10.2
Windows XP Bottle
Fallout (GOG version)

richmlow

Hi all,

I just wanted to confirm that Fallout (GOG version) continues to work well (CrossOver Games Mac 10.2.1) in window mode, without any mouse slowdown/tracking problems.

Here is my setup:

Mac OS X 10.7.2
4GB RAM

CrossOver Games (Mac) 10.2.1
Windows XP Bottle
Fallout (GOG version)

richmlow

Deon Cui wrote:

From what I've been seeing, it seems like there are two factors involved in successfully playing Fallout (and maybe Fallout 2?) on CXG:

(A) Lion
(B) More recent/powerful graphics hardware

I'd eventually like to see if Fallout/Fallout 2 works in Lion on my GMA 950 MacBook to see if it's just Lion that solves this problem. If it does then I'm really curious to know what's changed between 10.6.x and 10.7.x that might have improved matters.

Richard M. Low wrote:

Hi all,

I just wanted to confirm that Fallout (GOG version) continues to
work well (CrossOver Games Mac 10.2.1) in window mode, without any
mouse slowdown/tracking problems.

Here is my setup:

Mac OS X 10.7.2
4GB RAM

CrossOver Games (Mac) 10.2.1
Windows XP Bottle
Fallout (GOG version)

richmlow

Hi..

..thanks for your continuing updates on various titles Richard, and you
just won a free game - check your email =)....

Cheers!

Hi all,

I just wanted to confirm that Fallout (GOG version) continues to work well (CrossOver Games Mac 10.3) in window mode, without any mouse slowdown/tracking problems.

Here is my setup:

Mac OS X 10.7.3
4GB RAM

CrossOver Games (Mac) 10.3
Windows XP Bottle
Fallout (GOG version)

richmlow

1 to 13 of 13

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ1NaOHViRzJxQmQ5WU1LbSIsImdkcHIiOjB9