Fallout Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Mouse Problems / Slow

I wanted to ask wether the mouse flickering/stuttering has been fixed or wether it can be fixed at all. It doesn't help to increase the mosue tracking speed.
The game itself runs extremely slow...

Fallout 1.1 on CX Games 7.1.1

Hrm. Tried everything known to man.

The only fix is the following for the mouse and slow-down is:

sudo dpkg -i libldap2_2.1.30-13.4_i386.deb
sudo dpkg -i wine_0.9.15~winehq0~ubuntu~6.06-1_i386.deb

Something between 0.9.15 and 0.9.16 broke 8 bit colored games like Fallout 1 and 2.

So I'm using CX Games with most stuff but running Fallout 1 and 2 with Wine 0.9.15.

Any chance of fixing this for us loyal CX Games customers? please :)

Today I installed it on my linux machine with wine 1.1.7 and it works great! No problems at all. I also tested it with wine 1.0.0 with the same result = perfect gameplay.
The porblem seems to be on the codeweavers side...

I am having mouse issues as well on Crossover Games 7.1.1 (Mac OS X). The cursor moves excruciatingly slow!

CrossOver Games 8.0 and the game and mouse still make this game unplayable on my MacBook.

Purchased a copy of a fallout trilogy pack that included fallout 1, 2 and tactics. I'm disappointed to find that the mouse movement is really slow on fallout 1. Everything else works great in game but that slow mouse movement makes the game almost unplayable. Any chance a classic like this could get fixed?

Yes, that is a known issue with this game. See the Tips&Tricks section in this forum:
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=3451;tips=1

For me, it was sufficient to set the mouse sensitivity in the game to highest (or fastest or whatever they call it). It's not perfect, but makes it playable for me without the need to change my global system settings for the mouse.

This sometimes gets resolved by removing ddraw.dll from the fallout installation directory. The game speeds up considerably after that. Unfortunately while it's considerably faster for a while eventually things start to slow down and get cruddy eventually and only quitting / restarting seems to fix.

Just tried the GOG version on 9.2 (both using the C4p and without) - still painfully slow (mouse/redrawing etc), I could rate silver at best.

The mouse is still dead slow on Crossover Games 10.1 on the Mac :(

Still doesn't work: Version 10.2.1 (10.2.0)
Mouse is too slow/too accelerated, not able to play because of it at all.

1 to 11 of 11

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieEZRdUFBSzc4THl5c3V5VCIsImdkcHIiOjB9