Family Tree Maker Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Family Tree Maker 6.0 Installation and Use

With crossover office 2.1.0 on a suse 9.0 box:

I am pleased to say that Family Tree Maker 6.0 installs and works.

I tried working a little bit with it opening a Family Tree and so on.

This is just what I was hoping to find. My father uses FTM and without Crossover,
I would probably not be able to convince him to try Linux.

I've been trying -- without success -- to install FTW 11.0 with both CrossOver Office and Wine (20040121, package install on Slackware 9.1), a non-Windows installation. After reading your post, I've tried FTW 6.0 with Wine (it installed but doesn't work -- no family page). Did you do some trick or other?

Anonymous

Damon,
I was in the same situation with my wife.....didn't want to switch to Linux because she needed FTM. That's until I introduced her to GRAMPS. She absolutely loves it. Give it a try.
Cheers
Lawrence

Anonymous

GRAMPS?? Where? Is this another genealogy program?

Mary Jo

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZDhnNXZyRjk5MmNLOUg3NSIsImdkcHIiOjB9