Family Tree Maker Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Family Tree Maker 16 Installs and Works Great in Crossover 6.2!

Family Tree Maker (FTM) is one of my wife's must-have applications and problems getting our original version 9 to work with Crossover was a hinderance to her migrating to Linux. However, she upgraded to Version 16, and this version installs and runs in both Crossover 6.1 and 6.2. I did notice a few minor anomalies in 6.1 where a selection would not work properly and require backing up and reselecting, but this problem is completely eliminated in 6.2. I would rate performance with Crossover 6.1 as Silver and with Crossover 6.2 as Gold. My wife has been using Family Tree Maker with Linux and Crossover exclusively for the past two weeks and is very satisfied with it. She's had no anomalies whatsoever. If Family Tree Maker is an important application keeping you from using Linux, you can now check that off your list with FTM Version 16 and Crossover 6.2.

FTM must be installed into a bottle containing IE 6. I have been unsuccessful installing IE 6 into a Win2000 bottle. Crossover's default for IE 6 is a Win98 bottle, and IE 6 works fine there. Therefore, FTM must be installed into a Win98 bottle with IE 6.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY2VaZktCQmFhdHFOUkF3QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9