Family Tree Maker Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Some Success With 2006 and 5.0.1-rc1

FTW 2006 Installs with no problems, but when I try to create a new file, it complains that it "Cannot obtain version information for OLE2NLS.DLL. You may need to put the file OLE2NLS.DLL in the SYSTEM directory within your Windows directory."

When I click OK, the file is open and ready for data.

This version appears to run correctly, though with minor problems.

The problems are:
1) Backspacing seems to act like an undo of all text typed since the cursor was placed.
2) Tabbing between focusable widgets is flakey.
3) Complains burial date is prior to death date, where the supposed burial date is the birth date... This is probably a bug in the software itself.

The first two problems could possibly be an issue with my computer, and I will assume as much until I see a report from someone else with similar issues (not necessarily this program, as I've noticed #1 with Quicken 2006 under 5.0.0).

5.0.1 Final does not seem to have problems 1 and 2.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicFBlRnhobmJQSnV1Z1BNUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9