Family Tree Maker Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Confirming Known Issues with old version of FTM

I've installed "Family Tree Maker Version 6.0 for Windows 95" in Wine 0.9.9-0ubuntu2 on Ubuntu and using the CrossOver beta for OS X.

On both systems, there are the two issues present which have been previously reported for later versions of this application:

1. The message "Cannot obtain version information for OLE2NLS.DLL. You may need to put the file OLE2NLS.DLL in the SYSTEM directory within your Windows directory." appears when the program opens.

2. There are frequent re-draw issues, particularly as I click from person to person in the "card" portion of the interface.

That said, it is (modulo awkwardness because of the re-draw bugs) pretty functional. Sadly, the cosmetic problems are enough to keep my Mom from using this.

Is there any further troubleshooting I can do to help pinpoint the redraw bugs?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQmQ0TVVIRWdKVk1tUDhNZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9