Family Tree Maker Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Family Treemaker 5

I know that FTM is now up to v11 or so, but mine is FTM5 and I decided to try it with CO on Xandros v2.0.

Installation went fine. At the end of it a box popped up saying "Cannot obtain version information for OLE2NLS.DLL. You may need to put the file OLE2NLS.DLL in the SYSTEM directory within your Windows directory." I checked the fake_windows System folder and the OLE2NLS.DLL file wasn't there, so I copied it over from a working installation on a Win98 PC, making sure the name was in lower case so the Xandros recognises it as a .dll file.

FTM5 now launches, but still gives me the above error message even though the file is there. Clicking the OK box removes the message and FTM finds my data file and loads it, but there is a problem. On the Family Page view if I open a drop down menu or change to a different tab etc... anything in fact that means the screen needs to be redrawn, then it looks awful. Old bits of image get left behind, and the text on the tabs down the right-hand side of the screen get overwritten by the new data so they become unreadable.

Clicking on the View menu and selecting Family Page causes the screen to be redrawn correctly, but only until any of the menus, tabs, etc. are touched again.

Interestingly enough all the other View options such as Reports, Trees, Books, work fine. The problem only happens on the Family Page view.

(I have taken screenshots of the above if anyone wants to see them.)

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM3U1Qkx3enp1dm5LbWhIViIsImdkcHIiOjB9