Far Cry Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Demo Works

I tried the demo from : http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/farcry/demofarcry.zip.html

In the system.cfg set:

r_Driver = "OpenGL"
r_TexResolution = "0"
i_direct_input = "0"

I have everything in Video options set to low at this time as well....

Tom

Good to hear that it works, Bad to hear that the Direct3D mode does not yet work at this time.

The full version works too, patched to 1.4. The problem is the copy protection, it's not being modelled properly, that and text doesn't display.

EDIT: So I've managed to get it to execute all the way into the game. But, interestingly there are still three problems...

1. Text doesn't display, anywhere. Probably a set of fonts aren't being included or symlinked properly.
  2. The graphics are uniformly poor quality, regardless of the settings. I think, I'm not sure how they're supposed to look but that's the impression I get.
  3. There's no mouse support in-game. The menus work fine but as soon as the game starts, that's it.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkh0djVUZWNLTEtYM3FzQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9