Far Cry Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Problem whith farcry install

I have a problem, I launch the farcry setup and at about 60% the game sends me an error and the install shuts down anyone can help me?

You will need tell us what OS/platform you are using, whether you're using the
stand-alone or Steam version of the game...(and in the Mac case, what version
of MacOSX you're running with what video display hardware). Without these facts,
it's near impossible to help you here with this...

Sorry, I use an Intel Core 2 duo Imac (I don't have a lot of info on it -_-') and crossover games. I'm running leopard 10.5 and I can launch the installer on the CD but then i get an "error 1627 functoin failed" and install finishes without completing.

(my display is 1680/1050 and I didn't run the install in virtual desktop not thinking it would help but I'll try)

blbenji wrote:

Sorry, I use an Intel Core 2 duo Imac (I don't have a lot of info on
it -_-') and crossover games. I'm running leopard 10.5 and I can
launch the installer on the CD but then i get an "error 1627 system
error" or something like that and install finishes without
completing.

(my display is 1680/1050 and I didn't run the install in virtual
desktop not thinking it would help but I'll try)

Okay...this is getting interesting....I myself having been trying to work out
just why the farcry-culminative-1.4 patch (or any other official farcry patch)
won't successfully install -- as coincidence has it, when installing a patch,
the very same error pops-up (and I'm on linux..) ; what I see is ;

http://www.codeweavers.com/support/tickets/browse/?cmd=attachment;id=24886

So somehow, we're seeing the same error message but at different times -- you
during the install process, and me during the attempt to patch the installed game.

My guess is this is somehow all co-related -- I'll bring this to the attention of
the codeweavers warrior that's helping me tackle this one....

Yes, do try in virtual desktop mode...let me know it that helps any...

Nope and weird the virtual desktop doesn't even appear even when launching wine with virtual desktop activated. Looks like the virtual desktop has a problem. Anyway it doesn't help any still the same error massage as you.

blbenji wrote:

Nope and weird the virtual desktop doesn't even appear even when
launching wine with virtual desktop activated. Looks like the
virtual desktop has a problem. Anyway it doesn't help any still the
same error massage as you.

Okay...that is weird (emulated desktop mode should work for you..)

I take it you've read my tips&tricks on this title? See...

http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=257;tips=1

Right at the bottom of that page, I describe how to copy the contents of
the 5 CD's into a single directory, and running setup.exe from there. I'd
be interested in knowing if....in your case, just with CD 1....if you copy
it's contents to a directory and start setup from there, does anything
change...ie; I'm trying to eliminate/isolate whether it's the Mac's SCSI
handling falling apart...

it won't copy the whole thing any other ideas by the way i only got 1 CD not 5 and the game works for my brother on vista.

in fact it won't copy data 2.cab and I do not know ho to do screens so all i can say is that it blocks on that volume

blbenji wrote:

in fact it won't copy data 2.cab and I do not know ho to do screens
so all i can say is that it blocks on that volume

Are you talking about the DVD release (1 disc)?.....at any rate, if you can't copy
from the disc to hdrive, something's wrong. For example, you say it works for your
brother in vista -- can he copy the entire disc contents to a directory?

My guess is he can, otherwise it wouldn't work/install for him. If on the off chance
he cannot copy data 2.cab to his harddrive, then something else is at play....

here is the exact error message:
"the finder cannot complete the operation because some data in 'data2.cab' could not be read or written. (Error code -36)"

Found something. I con only read Data2.cab. but... strange I'm supposed to be admin...

Thats defenitly it, on all the other data.cab i can read AND write but o data2.cab I can only read, I think that's also the reason for install to bug.

ahah I copied data2.cab but thanks to usb from my brother's vista, I'll try install

no positve result.

1 to 10 of 10

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQlJtY0VXR3h6V04zOE5MOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9