Far Cry Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

System level crash on launch after changing graphics settings (Mac OS X 10.6.4)

With Crossover Games 9.1 I had two crashes with Far Cry bad enough for me to delete the bottle rather than risk using it again. The first happened after I tried to increase some graphics settings - the game advises it needs to be relaunched but on doing so it just bounced in the dock and couldn't be force quit. I tried quitting then force quitting all the other apps I had open to try and restart but they wouldn't close either - even the window manager wouldn't quit via activity monitor so a forced logout failed. A hard shutdown was eventually necessary. When the computer rebooted I tried launching Far Cry again and got a hard freeze immediately - the mouse cursor locked. Twice was enough for me hence my deleting the bottle. I'm not sure what low level stuff was being accessed that could cause that - crashing apps I can live with but hard freezes and kernel panics are awful.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicUhOUUtzeUhTQU1MZGRQcSIsImdkcHIiOjB9