F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Needs DLL to install.

Install fails with a massage claiming the the DLL "installutil" could not be loaded. There is no such DLL in the bottle and I cannot find it online or in my WinXP install.

I gave a solution to the other guy which just posted the same problem, my question to you is why didn't I get your message in my e-mail? I got wind of the post Wilson made by email. Then, I found the solution pretty quick, with no extra dll needed. It's kinda bad that I answered this Wilson guy quickly, but you posted in February 2009!

Is there a chance I put you in a "spam" category by mistake? I'm only asking cause you seem to be an uber advocate, which sucks if you have to wait for an easy solution from another advocate.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSHRkMldDeFN2U3R3MnVycCIsImdkcHIiOjB9