Final Fantasy XI Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Final Fantasy XI working Crossover Mac 11

I just wanted to let everyone know I was having the same "Black Screen" character login problem, however, I fixed it very simply.

After trying to install all of these different things for directx, etc. and modifying native vs. builtin, I found something that made it start working.

I had to manually add the key "Direct3D" and then add this string to the registry "useGLSL"="enabled" in

HKCU > Software > Wine

which ends up being HKCU > Software > Wine > Direct3D > useGLSL=enabled

After adding that, FFXI started working perfectly. Here is all the software that I installed prior, if someone wants to try to recreate my success:

CrossOver HTML Engine
DirectX 9
FFXI
FFXI: expansions
Microsoft DirectX Runtime - Modern
Microsoft XML Parser (MSXML) 3.0
Core Fonts

Also, for reference, I'm using the newest generation of MacBook Air, and the performance is near-perfect, very little lag/slowdown.

Hope this helps people.

This is great news!
What version of Final Fantasy XI do you have? Is it a digital download? Retail?

Using the retail version, updated to the most recent version. I'm having trouble with getting a game controller to work, but that's not the biggest deal.

I don't see why a digital version should be any different... I mean, it's not like you can install something not for Mac through Steam.....

I never could get my PS3 controller to work in CX so I am not surprised it has issues. How did you get it to work at all, mouse/keyboard binding?

I was able to play using the controller via ControllerMate. Not the cleanest solution, but it works.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQlViS1hZVXdXVjk5ZHdWdyIsImdkcHIiOjB9