Flash Player 7 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

no subject
Anonymous

There is no use for this anymore since Flash 7 was released for Linux.

Anonymous

Sorry, but I think there's some confusion about what "Flash" is (and a misleading description on this site).

You must decide wether you're talking of "Flash" or "Flash Player". Those two are completely different things - like you take a camera to record a film and a tv set to watch it.

If you say "Flash" then you're refering to the full software including authoring and playback functionality. It costs some hundred dollars and is NOT available for Linux - I wish it would be. Nor is the actual version called "Flash 7" but "Flash MX 2004" and has been published by Macromedia for Windows and MacOS platforms alone.

If you have the free plugin in mind which lets you watch Flash animations in your browser then you must call it "Flash Player" whose current version number is 7 indeed. This one can be downloaded an installed for Linux and works perfectly.

It seems to me that even Codeweavers are mixing those to programs. They should absolutely correct that mistake on their database. The real Flash MX is running, yes, but far from gold status like you're told here (I had it installed on my computer some time ago, however with an older CrossOver version).

Greetings, Claus Fritzenkoetter

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoickY5SnZ1cVl3QlF0QVpYRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9