Flash Player 7 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Install Flash on Mac?

I did an install of Flash 7 and the flash player ran as part of the install; however, flash won't run in IE. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated 😊

This may be what you mean, but you have to install the Windows version of Flash into the bottle with IE in order for it to work. IE can't use the Mac-native version of Flash. You can find the Windows installer on Adobe's site if you poke around a bit.

I tried several approaches to installation, and I "think" this is the one that worked:

1. Using Mac Safari, visit http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/. (important, use your Mac Safari browser for this. The Adobe site won't recognize a Crossover implementation of Explorer and will tell you that it's not able to install)
  2. From the Select an Operating System pull-down menu, select "Windows"
  3. From the next pull-down menu, select "Explorer"
  4. The Flash Player installer .exe file will download to your "Downloads" folder on you Mac (or wherever you have set downloads to save to).
  5. Open your downloads folder and double-click the "install_flash_player_ax.exe" file. It should be recognized, open, and install without further intervention.

Again, I tried a variety of different ways to install it. It all of the sudden started working. I believe that this method is the one that did the trick. Other methods either stalled or gave messages indicating that the installation failed.

Good luck!

Yes, that method should work. Thanks for posting that.

Here's what happened: Adobe released Flash 10. Officially, it no longer supports Windows 98. Since IE6 only works in a win98 bottle, Adobe's website doesn't make it easy for you to get the Flash installer.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVVVIeUZna1F0MnNlMnptQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9