Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Works great!

The only problems I've had with this game are:

1. When you install it, skip the tests. (You have to do the same thing with Windows XP, or any of the newer computers; it's an "old game" issue, not a Crossover issue.) Don't worry, you can run it, but the tests will crash the bottle.

2. Mac OS X sees a disk being used by Crossover as busy, and won't eject it, so you can't put in the next disk when it's needed. Fortunately, there's a way around this: just copy all the files off the disk into a folder on your computer, then open winecfg for the bottle and tell it that folder is the D: drive.

Works like a charm! The game runs better on my Mac with Crossover than on my Windows XP desktop!

Excellent. This is very good to know.

There used to be a utility out there that would let you create a DVD from all of your Gabriel Knight 2 CDs. I'm curious to know if that util still works as well.

Lorelei wrote:

1. Mac OS X sees a disk being used by Crossover as busy, and won't
    eject it, so you can't put in the next disk when it's needed.
    Fortunately, there's a way around this: just copy all the files off
    the disk into a folder on your computer, then open winecfg for the
    bottle and tell it that folder is the D: drive.

In theory the Eject button on the CrossOver Software Installer is intended to work around this issue. It forces all Windows programs to close all files on the CD so that Mac OS X no longer considers it busy, and then ejects it. There are occasions where even this doesn't work, though. Did you try it?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibjJlTGhzUngyYnNUNFdxViIsImdkcHIiOjB9