Gothic 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game works only without sound

Crossover 17.1
MacBook Air 13'' Early 2015

Gothic 2 Night of the Raven does not work with option soundEnabled=1, it crashes with message "C: failed to initialize sound MSS reported: Broken WaveOut driver, 'buffer done' flag never set"

I don't have the game installed at the moment to quickly test this possible solution out soon, but try installing "Direct Music" dependency directly into the same bottle as the game and let me know if it makes a difference. There should be a CrossTie profile for Direct Music available from within the CrossOver software that you can direct to install to the game's bottle. You can also download the "Direct Music" CrossTie profile file from CodeWeavers' website by looking it up in the application compatibility database, using the "Install Now" button, and opening the file with CrossOver. Just make sure you install it into the game's bottle and not into a bottle all by itself. It would not be a bad idea to make a backup copy of the game's bottle in its current state, however.

Please let me know the result of the above suggestion, whether it completely resolves your issue or results in a different issue. If you continue to have an issue with the running the game, I'll try my best to help you further.

Update: I would check to see if Direct Music is not already installed in the bottle first. If you used the CrossTie profile for Gothic 2, it should have installed Direct Music into the game's bottle for you already. It might also be best to delete your current bottle for the game and reinstall the game using the CrossTie profile for Gothic 2, if you didn't use the CrossTie profile for Gothic 2, as it has quite a few tweaks in addition to Direct Music that might be critical for your game to run flawlessly (or at least close to it).

• Brandon

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYlNUYlplTGRjNmVhcWVlRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9