Gothic 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Game no longer works. NPC dialogue has dissappeared.

Thought I'd reinstall Gothic 2 and play it again, but I've discovered that the game no longer works properly under Crossover Games Mac 7.2. I installed it just as before, and I applied the German NoCD patch (not the English version, which does not work) just as before. And I installed the appropriate dll overrides, just as before. Now, however, the strangest thing happens. Whenever I initiate a dialogue with an NPC, the other character's dialogue is skipped; I'm presented with my own dialogue options, but once I select one, the NPC response is neither shown nor heard, it simply displays my next set of dialogue options. Needless to say, this did not happen before.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Last time i played Gothic I saw that I have the same issue with the Linux version of Crossover Games (7.2.2)

Hi, I experienced this issue too with Linux 7.x and 8.0RC and each time I solved it by renaming 2 files from this folder:

work/Data/Scripts/CONTENT/CUTSCENE

The .bat has to be renamed into .bin and the .lsc into .csl

Hope this works for you, cheers,

JF

That did the trick. Thanks.

I wonder why renaming those files has suddenly become necessary where it was not before.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicWFjUUxQS1JudWFIWG55dSIsImdkcHIiOjB9