Gothic 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GOG version fails to launch

I just bought the GOG version of Gothic 2 Gold, but I am having trouble getting it to run. The game starts to launch, but crashes with a message saying "the program Vdfs32e.exe has encountered a serious problem." However, if you wait a minute or so, the game appears to continue launching, then crashes for real with an "access violation" error. Any ideas?

Hi,

http://www.hotbot.com/?query=Vdfs32e.exe&ps=&loc=searchbox&tab=web&mode=search&currProv=msn

Interesting read.....may be useful.

Cheers!

Hi, I got the same problems as Clocknova with the CD version of Gothic 2 and Crossover Game Linux 9.0. More precisely:

• During the installation, when at the VDFS creation step, I got the "vdfs32g.exe encoutered an error and must close" error.
  • When launching the game, intro videos play with sound but no video.
  • Just when the game menu is about to appear, I got the "gothic.exe must close".

Seems like a CX or a Wine regression because this game worked fine until CX 8.0.

Hi there,

Just rename the Vdfs32e.exe to something else, for example _Vdfs32e.exe. You'll also have to disable the in-game music, see the tips & tricks section for details.

Cheers,
Janos

The game needs directmusic in order to work correctly with the music. Please adjust this in the Crosstie in the pre-dependenties John. Thanks in advance, if you need help I will adjust it for you.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia2RFY2JUdkxHWHhyYVg3QyIsImdkcHIiOjB9