Gothic 3 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

running perfectly in CrossOver 12.5 with some fiddling around

I don't want to change/delete all the tips so I decided to write this as a normal post.

The current GOG version runs perfectly on my Mac with just a little bit of fiddling around. Here is how:

1. install the game into a WinXP bottle using the GOG installer
  2. I had to apply this method from WineHQ to get it to run though it was enough to just copy d3dx9_40.dll into the Gothic 3 directory
  3. I also had to set "Timer.ThreadSafe=false" in the file GE3.ini

Point 2 above got rid of the "where is the guru" and an "access violation" error that popped up before and 3 got rid of the black screen at startup.

That was it. The game has run flawlessly for a few hours and it is fun to play. Every now and then, it does stutter a little bit but that is barely noticeable.

So...as far as the GOG version is concerned, all the tips have become more or less useless.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRmVFckVoeG5Fa0tod1NRWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9