GTR 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GTR2: running

I've got GTR2 running here on a 2010 Mac Mini 2,4 GHz with 4 GB RAM and Mac OS X 10.6.3. Like others, I had some trouble getting it to go under CrossOver - using 9.2.0 in this case - but when it runs, it runs fairly well.

Using DX9 and noticed FSAA doesn't seem to be working, which it does on its ISI family member rFactor 1. As in rF, in this version of CrossOverGames there is a faraway black horizontal stripy haze (moving in front of the car) on many textures which seems to have something to do with Mipmap texture bias - making it negative in the track files seems to help, as does antialiasing, which as noticed doesn't seem to work in GTR2 yet. Some tracks have this issue badly, some hardly at all, depending on the textures used.

On this machine, in a Winxp bottle, fps varies, but is generally between 22 and 42 fps, which is usable. My usb gamepad controller is recognised with no trouble. When running, the program is pretty stable and just about all the add-on mods and tracks work.

Here's part of my GTR2 config.ini (note this is on the Mini described above, screen res is 1280x1024):
CPURATING=4
SYSTEMRAM=3072
VIDEORAM=782
OBJDETAIL=3
TEXDETAIL=3
VIDEOGUID=AEB2CDD4-6E41-43EA-941C-8361CC760781
VIDEODRIVER=0
VIDEOMODE=19
VIDEOREFRESH=1
WINDOWEDMODE=1
RUNBENCHMARKS=0
FSAA=1
VSYNC=0
SHADERLEVEL=3

Ruud Dingemans wrote:

Using DX9 and noticed FSAA doesn't seem to be working, which it does
on its ISI family member rFactor 1. As in rF, in this version of
CrossOverGames there is a faraway black horizontal stripy haze
(moving in front of the car) on many textures which seems to have
something to do with Mipmap texture bias

Addendum: the 'black haze' stripes issue seems to be fixed in CrossOver Games 10.0.1. Gone in rFactor and in GTR2.
Also, a lights colouring issue (night lights emitting a stark green or red colour) seems to have disappeared as well.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidDVCUlB5dkxtQlFVa3k4SiIsImdkcHIiOjB9