Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Question About Guild Wars 2 Cheats and Bots

First of all guys cool site i just randomly found it on google, but i had some questions about your software. Currently they said they will ban for software would this get me banned. I have seen cheating sites like taultunleashed(link removed) selling cheats which i know can get you banned, and there are guild wars 2 botting sites like mmoviper(link removed) that players also can get banned with. Will your software suffer the same situation as cheating and botting sites? Or will i be able to use your software without being banned?

guild warrior wrote:

First of all guys cool site i just randomly found it on google, but
i had some questions about your software. Currently they said they
will ban for software would this get me banned. I have seen
cheating sites like taultunleashed(link removed) selling cheats
which i know can get you banned, and there are guild wars 2 botting
sites like mmoviper(link removed) that players also can get banned
with. Will your software suffer the same situation as cheating and
botting sites? Or will i be able to use your software without being
banned?

We do not have any direct relationship with ArenaNet and we cannot control when they chose or do not chose to ban. However, Wine generally and CrossOver in particular are not designed as 'cheats' - they are implementations of the Windows API on Mac and Linux, and the intent is to facilitate regular, legitimate gameplay.

I have heard of some Diablo users, for example, being banned for wine usage, however, I believe that Blizzard has also come out saying that while they do not support wine use, they do not consider it a cheat and do not intend to ban wine users. I don't know of any reports that Guild Wars users have suffered being banned for playing under wine, but I can't guarantee it has not happened.

Maybe others have experiences to share? Given the number of people on the forums here who seem to be playing successfully, though, it seems to me that if ArenaNet is banning people for playing under wine, it is not a ubiquitous problem.

Let me think about the online games I have played with Wine and Crossover yet...
Shaiya, World of Warcraft, Diablo 3, Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Counter Strike, Counter Strike Source.
I have never been banned for using API catchers considered cheating, neither account locks, nor Valve Anti Cheat.
Well, I got kicked off servers sometimes, that was for team killing, some people really insist on running between my shotgun and the enemy :D

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2_on_Wine

Considering they have a section on the official wiki and Anet has not made a move to remove this I'm quite certain they have no issues with it.
Also they don't seem to have problems with it on the official forums either, they just won't give you tech related support xD.

You have paid for the game and are using it in a legitimate way that gives you no benefits over other users or any unintended access to anything. Pretty sure they wouldn't ban anyone.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMjdrOXozcVFTVnpUWlVKMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9