Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Where do I go!?

I installed the special gw2 crossover, watched it crash and restart again and again and again, it finishes. . .and i figured after all that I go to run installed software, right?. . .or no? How do I start the game? It also won't let me click on 'run installed software'. It's just faded out. it'll only let me click on 'install windows software'. And before that, I did the whole 'run command' thing and left it going OVERNIGHT. . .for 8 hours with a small weight on the enter key so it would keep downloading. Never went to the login menu or anything. Just the same basic GW2 download screen. Constantly crashes at about 10000kb and stops and I have to click 'retry' over and over again. Never make any progress.

It also won't let me click on 'run installed software'. It's just faded out. it'll only let me click on 'install windows software'.

Alexander Seith wrote:

It also won't let me click on 'run installed software'. It's just
faded out. it'll only let me click on 'install windows software'.

Yes, GW2 probably didn't create a launcher that crossover recognizes. Go to 'run command' from the 'programs' menu, select your 'guild wars 2' bottle, and in the 'browse' window, find 'Program Files/.../GW2Setup.exe' (the ... is probably 'guild wars' - it'll be whatever install location you chose.

i would click the browse button like you said, and click program files as well, but i only see common files, internet explorer and netscape after that. and none of those files contain the gw2setup.exefile. this whole time ive been going to the original folder i saved gw2setup.exe to in the beginning of the process.

(thanks for the fast response)

Alexander Seith wrote:

i would click the browse button like you said, and click program
files as well, but i only see common files, internet explorer and
netscape after that. and none of those files contain the
gw2setup.exefile. this whole time ive been going to the original
folder i saved gw2setup.exe to in the beginning of the process.

(thanks for the fast response)

Sorry - I was away from my computer for the remainder of the weekend.

Did you get it figured out? If you downloaded it to the original save location, navigate to there from the 'run' dialog and find the executable that way. (You get to chose the directory into which you save / install, so I'm not certain where on your HD it is and therefore can't be more precise.)

But, I'm hopeful you poked around and found it sometime over the weekend :)

cheers,

Josh.

I just took a wild guess and bought OS X Mountain Lion to see if that worked. (I wanted to update from snow leopard anyway). . .in a nutshell, it worked.

THANKS!!!

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieExCdHE2WlFZRkJWMkplUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9