Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Guild Wars 2 will not start for me anymore

I had Guild Wars 2 working on Thursday, but now GW2 just opens and the entire application freezes and I cant get passed the first screen. Does not even get to the login screen. Can someone please help it has been like this for 2 days!

Did you upgrade to either CrossOver 11.2.2 or to Mac OS 10.7.5 or 10.8.2?

Either of those things would do it.

Ah damn yeah upgraded to 10.8.2

Does anyone know of a way around this? I am trying to figure it out but have no clue.

James Lawson wrote:

Ah damn yeah upgraded to 10.8.2

Suspected that. What I should do, then, is build a version of that guild wars build that will work with 10.8.2.

Sorry for the headache. It shouldn't take me that long. I'll post back here when it's done.

James Lawson wrote:

Does anyone know of a way around this? I am trying to figure it out
but have no clue.

I uploaded another build to the location from which you downloaded the first guild wars build.

(for reference, that is: http://www.codeweavers.com/xfer/GW2Test/ ... use the key 'guildwars' to download when prompted).

I don't have a way to test it at the moment, but give it a try. It should work.

(The apple updates last week broke any wine app using opengl 3d on the Mac. This build ought to fix that.)

Cheers,

Josh.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM3pUdEprRkNCTFFFd3RMdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9