Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can two Versions of CX Linux coexist?

The instructions for installing GW2 require a special build of CX that needs to not be updated or modified. What would be involved in getting both this special build that can't update and a regular, updated version of CX to coexists on the same machine?

I'm running Fedora 17, if that matters.

Yes two versions of cxoffice can co-exist peacefully, however one will have to be system wide (normal version of crossover) while the other will have to be locally installed (the special Guild Wars 2 build), this is how i have it set up on my system.

By default the Guild Wars 2 build installs locally meaning in your /home folder.

Don't both versions use the same $HOME/.cxoffice folder? I have a faint feeling they do. If that is the case, there might be trouble.

Silviu Cojocaru wrote:

Don't both versions use the same $HOME/.cxoffice folder? I have a
faint feeling they do. If that is the case, there might be trouble.

That is reliant on how one sets up their install. If you set CX_PRODUCT_ID to something sane prior to installing the second version of CrossOver, than no, they don't.

Likewise, if you use a combination of the debian vs bin installer, etc.

It really depends on how one sets it up.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSjZjVHpkU1BQVkJuYlRzUCIsImdkcHIiOjB9