Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Setting up shortcuts GW2 Ubuntu 12.10

Hi there,
I am hoping one of the gurus out there can help me with setting up my Guild Wars 2 install so I have shortcuts. I have installed the alternate Crossover version and downloaded and installed Guild Wars 2 on Ubuntu 12.10. However, Crossover did not create any shortcuts. I can run the program by reinstalling or "running" the exe with the alternate Crossover install - so playing the game isn't a problem. My problem is that I'd like to have a shortcut that I can simply double click, ala the standard "create launcher" function in Crossover. When I've tried "create launcher" it has not placed a shortcut on my desktop.

Does anyone have tips on ways to get a launcher via Crossover, or a way to write a path into my Ubuntu shortcut that forces the exe to run in the alternate crossover version rather than the default (which attempts to reinstall GW2 in the standard Crossover)?

I hope my questions make sense. I am semi-computer literate so am willing to get my hands dirty with scripts if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can furnish.

Cheers!

It took me about 3 tries to get a shortcut on the desktop, unfortunately as you have discovered trying to create via the "Manage Bottles" launcher doesnt work.
Instead here is what i did, was launch "Manage Bottles" then instead of selecting "Run Command" instead go to the "Application Tab" and click "Install Software" from with there select "Guild Wars 2" from "Unsupported Applications->Community Supported Applications" next use either the installer provided by Arenanet or the installation disc and click install.
You arent creating a new install of the game with this but instead are trying for a complete one. After the install finishes you should now have a Guild Wars 2 desktop icon.
This was the only way i could get a desktop icon on my system which is Ubuntu 12.04 64bit.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVmVjYjd6YkFrU2FDOXZlTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9