Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installation issue on Ubuntu 12.04 64-Bit

I have problems installing Guild Wars 2 with Crossover 12 on Ubuntu 12.04 64-Bit:
as soon as the Guild Wars 2 installer window is displayed Compiz runs at 100% cpu load rendering the current session unusable. Installation progress cannot be determined because of missing screen updates, and I could not find any GW2 game data written on disk. Killing Compiz and all processes started by Crossover from another Console will not make the session usable again. I preferred a clean reboot at this point.
Also I consider this problem to be Crossover 12 related because I remember to have played Guild Wars 2 on the same machine using Crossover 11 a few months ago.
So, is there any way to work around this problem?
Would an update to Ubuntu 12.10 fix this issue?

I have the exact same issue Ubuntu 12.04 64-bit.
As soon as the installation of the the game client starts the system freezes and becomes unusable.
No matter how many times i tried, the same thing happened. I have no intention to move to 12.10.

I'm glad to read I'm not the only one with this problem :)
However, if it is confirmed that an upgrade fixes this issue I would drop the LTS version and move on to 12.10. I would even drop the stable nVidia 304 drivers for the experimental 310 for my favourite game on my favourite operating system.

Magoo wrote:

I'm glad to read I'm not the only one with this problem :)
However, if it is confirmed that an upgrade fixes this issue I would
drop the LTS version and move on to 12.10. I would even drop the
stable nVidia 304 drivers for the experimental 310 for my favourite
game on my favourite operating system.

I use the experimental 310 so that will not change anything. I do not know if upgrading would help, but certainly dropping an LTS just for this is just not right. I am fairly sure it is an issue with crossover 12 and that it will be handled with an update.
I have already opened a ticket about it.

Opening a ticket would have been my next step. I asked on the forums first for a solution. Guess there isn't one. I'll follow your ticket now and not open a duplicate one.

Actually, you should fill in a ticket. The ticket is not a bug report like you see on launchpad or elsewhere. The "bugzilla" is maintained internally and we don't get to see it most of the times. After reading it and following up with you, the staff will either add your ticket info to the relevant bug report, or submit a new bug.

I hope my explanation managed to clear things up.

Thanks a lot for the information, I also have opened a ticket now.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVHFnS01tQ2ZZSGc3ZXRmTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9