Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 12 Installer take all CPU

Hi,

Did it just for me or others notice too that GW2 installer take high amount CPU (for me it ~99%). First try was on Unity DE, then all 4 CPU cores was used ~100%, all RAM and Swap was used too (newer been before). Next try was Ubuntu with Fluxbox (much lighter than Unity). Results was better (at least GW2 pretty installer window appears). However when I press "Install Guild Wars 2" big red button - nothing happens.. at that state Xorg CPU usage stay on ~100% GW2.exe ~50%.. since screen isn't changed I do not understand if it downloaded something or not. For now I'll abandon idea install this game..

Ubuntu 12.04 64bit, Nvidia 560GTX, 8GB ram.

Update
There already exist forum post about mentioned problem (don't know how delete this post).

After you press that big red button a dialog window is supposed to appear asking what directory you want to install into.

Have you tried seeing whether that window is present, but just behind your others so you can't see it? What happens if you press 'enter' to use the default selection and proceed - does that do anything even though the window isn't visible?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWmRHblltUzRVMk51VVpZZSIsImdkcHIiOjB9