Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

after a few weeks use crossover

So have now play my guardian from 40 to 80 with Crossover (0-40 was made on Windows) It runs very good in the most cases.

• On world bosses the framerate drop to 5fps and deeper (but many windows yousers have this problem, too)
  • The seem to be still a problem with the mouse. in big battles I often loose the mouse if i rotate the camera with the right mouse button. This happens also in some cases if I interact with objects. (the mission where I have to control a tank was the horror)
    But the game is good playable and I would give it silver rank.
    image image

I've been playing GW2 more and more in Linux recently. The recent beta update with fixes for multi-monitor setups has been a god-send, its now functioning just like windows for me (full screen window on my screen while being able to mouse over to second screen without issue).

I do get frame drops a lot in heavy battles, but, you get kinda use to it and forget about it over time. THe only other problem I have is that I find GW2 very dark in Linux, as opposed to my Windows install.

Hey Corey, is the trading post working for you?

I found the gaming experience for GW2 on Linux to be unsatisfactory in 2012 (Shitty FPS + no trading post = no win).

Would you say this has been improved at all the last 3 months? Has there been any progress at all?

Let me rephrase: Is there any difference running the game in Crossover today, than there was 3 months ago?

This has been true since December 2012, but for new installs of Guild Wars 2 and a current version of CrossOver, we expect the store to work. If it does not, feel free to send us a bug report. If your install of Guild Wars 2 is older than December 12, 2012, and you do not want to create a new install of Guild Wars 2 but do have the most recent CrossOver, you can try adding this:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Crypto\use_awesomium = "yes"

to the registry. I believe that, with modern CrossOver, should do the trick for an older bottle.

Framerates do vary a lot by graphics card, etc.

Regards,

Josh.

Johan Helgø wrote:

Hey Corey, is the trading post working for you?

I found the gaming experience for GW2 on Linux to be unsatisfactory
in 2012 (Shitty FPS + no trading post = no win).

Would you say this has been improved at all the last 3 months? Has
there been any progress at all?

Let me rephrase: Is there any difference running the game in
Crossover today, than there was 3 months ago?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this.

In my opinion, yes, it has improved a lot over the last 3 months to the point where its playable day-to-day. At first you will see the difference from playing in windows, but after 20 minutes, you won't even notice it anymore, and forget you're playing in linux.

Also, trading post works fine for me, no issue there.

Think i will be back in a month. Missed to reactivate my crossover account and can't check out the new crossover version. At this Point i play through wine. Since there are some gear wheels (Scripts!) to play for Multi-Processing.

The focus effect of your picture is nice playx! It's different to my wine version. Frames run well now but i missed some settings that was there in the Beta. Google and some Guys told me its because Guild Wars is running on 32 Bit and hide some Settings at the Graphics Menu. Of cause i running a 64 bit Linux.

Question: Is this still present with Crossover? How about a Crossover Version with 64 Bit?

Use Crossover the GL_THREADED_OPTIMIZATIONS Option of newer Nvidia Drivers? Not sure if this bring some extra fps to my screen but even the Card tune up and all my CPU-Cores handle some Thread work.

Thank you very much for your support on Guild Wars2!

Chris

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVnZjZUNDQkJhOHFoQUJkZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9