Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Anyone know how to fix this?

Lately I've been noticing more and more improvements with Guild Wars running under Linux, and I am pretty impressed with its stability. There are two things though that I would like to fix, one of which I'm fairly certain there's no fix for, and that's the lack of Black Lion Trading post, I just get somewhat of a blank page:

The next issue is the lighting (i guess its called) in some areas. here is a screenshot from Lions Arch:

Its not too bad in Lions Arch, like, its workable. Just kind of irritating, any ideas?

Edit: For some reason, the uploads look really bad. Trying to find a way to capture this without the vertical lines....

Edit2: Fixed uploads, apparantly taking screenshots in game results in vertical lines, had to use Unity's built in screenshot.

The trading post worked for me with crossover, last I checked (and still works for my fiance). If you're using Wine instead of Crossover, some of the patches related to it have been included in Wine, but wine 1.6 still needs this patch: https://gist.github.com/selman/4597314

The lighting issue seems to be specific to Crossover. My fiance is using Crossover to run GW2 and noticed the same thing; but it went away after she updated to Crossover v12.2.2.

I would recommend updating Crossover (I think 12.2.2 came out after you posted here), and then if the trading post still doesn't work, reinstall GW2 through Crossover. I know it takes ages, but every time I've used Crossover's install script for GW2, I've had access to the trading post and black lion thingimajigger.

The lighnig bug is there because the standard bottle doesnt use GLSL. Go to the Tips & Tricks page and see on "white fog everywhere" how to fix it.

The Trading Post doesnt work in Nightly, Beta und RC Builds of CrossOver. I thing the include the patches only in the final builds.

Here on CrossOver 12.2.2

Graphics looks good

Trading Post works

I have the same Trading Post problem with Crossover 12.5.1 ...
Will uninstall 12.5 and try 12.2.2 ... sigh

(Ubuntu 13.10 btw)

Edit: nope... seems it's not possible. Depencency is not satisfiable: ia32-libs

When I try to install ia32-libs I get the following message:

However the following packages replace it:
  lib32z1 lib32ncurses5 lib32bz2-1.0

So, I installed all those. But when I try to install ia32-crossover_12.2.2-1_amd64.deb, I still get the message: Depencency is not satisfiable: ia32-libs

Any suggestions?

(while I wait for answers, I'll try 12.5.0 ... see if that helps 😒 Edit: nope, same error... missing ia32-libs. So it seems 12.5.1 is my only option, so that leaves me with no Trading Post. In other words: game is unplayable... Trading Post is essential )

Update: As you can see, ia32-libs-multi and ia32-libs-multiarch didn't work either (although it says in the guide that they are the ones I should use... I guess the guide is over-out-dated)

johan@johan-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install ia32-libs-multi
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package ia32-libs-multi
johan@johan-desktop:~$ sudo apt-get install ia32-libs-multiarch
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package ia32-libs-multiarch
johan@johan-desktop:~$ 

Edit: ok, so it seems it is simply broken in the newest version... guess we will simply have to wait until it gets fixed then

Hey there, Crossover 12.2.2 should have no problems with the Trading post. My suggestion is to do two things.

First, goto Software Center and install GDebi Package Installer or just goto your download of Crossover 12.2.2. Right click on the package and select "Open with other Applications" and then "Find other applications online." It should give you the option of installing GDebi Package Installer. Now, open Crossover 12.2.2 with GDebi. In the description there should be a recommended command for you to execute. Something like "Sudo apt-get --add-architecture i386" and "Sudo apt-get update." I don't think you can Sudo in Ubuntu, so SUand just enter your password. After that execute the commands without the "Sudo." Next, Install Guild Wars 2 from within Crossover, when you select Guild Wars 2 there should be a Red Highlight package that you are missing. Click on it and it will take you to some instructions on the Codeweavers Web Page. This will tell you how to install an important package for network communications. Without that package Guild Wars 2 will have problems installing and god knows what other issues it can create. Possibly trading post.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTXFVdkFDRno4VmdIQ0o1MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9