Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

still buggy

Why we report bugs in the beta and then they still in the final release?

The Market doenst work
This bug! http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=27168

Raw Input is broken
This bug! http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=33479

At the Moment GW2 seems to run better with this wine version
https://launchpad.net/~foresto/+archive/winepatched/

I must have missed the part where the bugs were fixed in wine but not in crossover. Oh wait. No I didn't, because they are still in wine.

Did you install the game through Crossover, using Crossover's install script for GW2? After installing using the actual crossover installer (I think they're called crossties or something?), the trading post and mouselook both worked fine for both me and my fiance. I have since gone back to plain old Wine (mostly so that I could write a launcher script that can be run by Steam), but my fiance still uses Crossover. For at least the past two versions of Crossover, both the trading post and mouselook have worked fine. In fact, the game has been consistently running more smoothly for her with each new version.

I'm on gentoo and my fiance is running Linux Mint Debian Edition. What are you using?

yes in the 12.2 build the tniks does work. but with 12.5 they are broken

I dindt say the bugs are fixed it wine!

I can verify PlayX's problems. GW2 TP and Mouselook worked fine in Crossover 12.2.2 however since updating to Crossover 12.5.0 earlier today, neither work for me again.

David wrote:

I can verify PlayX's problems. GW2 TP and Mouselook worked fine in
Crossover 12.2.2 however since updating to Crossover 12.5.0 earlier
today, neither work for me again.

thanks for testing. It seems Samuel Nelson dindn't test it and only want to flame me 😉

PlayX wrote:

David wrote:

I can verify PlayX's problems. GW2 TP and Mouselook
worked fine in Crossover 12.2.2 however since updating to
Crossover
12.5.0 earlier today, neither work for me again.

thanks for testing. It seems Samuel Nelson dindn't test it and only
want to flame me 😉

Yep, that's precisely what I wanted to do. Asking for more details and explaining my results is the very definition of flaming. It was my life's goal. Now that I've succeeded, I can die happy.

Honestly, I was having a hard time reading your post, and I apparently misinterpreted it. I thought you were saying that those things haven't worked for you at all; but your reply to my post makes it obvious that you were talking about Crossover 12.5 specifically. Didn't mean any harm. I've been too busy lately (50 hour work weeks + wedding + way too many of my favorite bands touring through my area all at once) to check back here until now.

So I apologize if offense was taken; it wasn't intended.

Hey Play X,

Is there a way to install different versions of Wine for use with Crossover? GW2 definately runs better with 12.2.2 vs 12.5, and I have noticed that GLSL enabled seems to get rid of "the fog" the game seems to run generally slower with it enabled vs disabled. The best I have seen the game run is under Wine 1.528.

Thanks

I have this problem too (TP bugged) on updating to 12.5. Everything else is running - no other issues that I have noticed. It's extremely frustrating because the TP is unusable then.

Hey Natasha,

From what I can tell they are working on the issue. I only used 12.5 to see that the TP and Mouse Look didn't work. At that point I reverted back to 12.2.2. If you want full functionality then you will have to use 12.2.2 unless someone else on the forums can identify work arounds.

Jeremy Hastings wrote:

Hey Natasha,

From what I can tell they are working on the issue. I only used
12.5 to see that the TP and Mouse Look didn't work. At that point I
reverted back to 12.2.2. If you want full functionality then you
will have to use 12.2.2 unless someone else on the forums can
identify work arounds.

Hey! Just how exactly did you revert to 12.2.2? I have been trying to install it (on Ubuntu 13.10 x64), but with no luck. I keep getting the error "missing dependency: ia32-libs"
12.5.1 seems to be the only version I am able to install :(

Sorry for the delay in responding, the forums seemed to be dead for awhile. I will try to pay more attention. Go to Software Center in Ubuntu and type "Crossover" into the search. Crossover should come up and then hit remove. Or go into Synaptic Package Manager and remove Crossover. If you have Guild Wars 2 installed it will keep the bottle in place. From there just install 12.2.2. I recommend using GDebi Package Installer and following the directions in it if you want to make sure it works correctly. You need to apt-get --add-architecture i386, apt-get update ... (something like that, it will be in the description of the program. Also make sure you have lib32nss-mdns installed. I cannot tell you if you are having problems with Ubuntu 13.10. I did a clean install Ubuntu 13.10 on an iMac with Crossover 12.2.2 I got Guild Wars 2 up and running ... it sucked ... but it worked. If you want to run something a little less user friendly I would strongly recommend Debian 7.2.

Running 12.5.1 and the mouse issue is fixed, but I still can't use the TP. Will these issues be resolved when Crossover 13 launches tomorrow?

David wrote:

Running 12.5.1 and the mouse issue is fixed, but I still can't use
the TP. Will these issues be resolved when Crossover 13 launches
tomorrow?

In the Beta of CrossOver 13 the TP works fine

1 to 15 of 15

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMlFhOXVyS2FRY25BNlBOdSIsImdkcHIiOjB9