Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 13

Thank you very much! Guild Wars 2 runs not perfect. During four hours of gaming, Guild Wars 2 was just crashed once. My average fps increase from 30 to 50 fps. Just in stress situations like World vs World with thirty or forty players fight against each other, my Client freeze and lost the Connection. With low settings, it's going like clockwork!

I have issues on my desktop machine when "exiting to desktop", graphics freezes, mouse pointer can be moved around and audio keep on playing in the background and have to use "kill -9" to exit to desktop, no issues with my media box. Both has increased from 14fps to 22 fps (dekstop gtx 660, media box gt 8600, everything set to low) but it feels a bit less smooth when turning around than with 12.5.

The black lion trading post works.

Guild Wars 2 need a good CPU more then a good GPU. However i update my System before playing Guild Wars 2, to an i5-3350P CPU and an GeForce GTX 670. The game will have a lot better performance if i would using windows. I ll play Guild Wars 2 in windowed Mode on one separate Screen and have no much issues with the game. Since Crossover 13 i could increase some Settings and have still a stable performance of the game. I think the benefit is (for my class of CPU and GPU combination) a solved bottleneck that give me a lager boost.

Love to support this development of Crossover and Wine.

Didn't know it was the CPU which was the important thing, then I don't understand why the both boxes should have the same fps, the deskt top machine has Athlon II X4 651 while the Phenom 9850. Something I have to dig into a bit more, could be the Arch linux based kernel config I used on the desktop which ain't as it should.

Yeah, Guild Wars 2 is written to take advantage of multiple CPU cores (rather than 1 like most games) and almost requires support for that. Prior to Crossover 13, there was no support for multicore in Crossover (Wine recently added some fixes plus some graphical fixes), but you do need a decent 2 or 4 core CPU in addition to a decent GPU

At one point, GW2 ran pretty well for me, but then for some reason it started to go back to very slow framerate.

After a bit of a break, I just re-installed it again, and it is now the best that I've ever seen it. Very promising!

Interesting, did you reinstall Crossover also or do you just download the game again? Did you have an SSD or a normal spinning Harddrive?

I did a fresh install of Ubuntu on an SSD, which seemed to help a lot.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicE0zOFNrTnVwZlFLa2E3WiIsImdkcHIiOjB9