Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

GW2 and Dual Screens

I was curious if other people are running Guild Wars 2 in a dual screen setup? I currently have two monitors:

Left
Samsung 22" (1680x1050)

Right
BenQ 27" (1920x1080)

I use my right monitor as my "main" monitor. While in Windows, I generally run GW2 in Fullscreen-windowed mode on my right screen. This allows me to easily click out of the game and over to a web browser on my left monitor, or whatever else I want to do while keeping GW2 in fullscreen. This works great, and is exactly how I like it to run.

I'm running Ubuntu 13.10 64bit with unity, and it seems to be trickier to get the setup the way I want. I know this is mostly due to probably a combination of Xorg, Unity and Wine, but just wondering if people have any suggestions.

The problems that I'm seeing is often when launching GW2, it automatically runs on my Left monitor (I have this trouble with a lot of apps), so I have to put it into a window mode and try and "drag" it to the main monitor, but its very very difficult to do as the window does not like being moved past the edge of the screen (especially noticiable while on the login screen). Once I finally get it over there, trying to change the display settings in the game like fullscreen windowed, or whatever, some funky things start happening. Sometimes the monitor changes resolution to something much lower, and its all ugly as hell, sometimes I lose my mouse, sometimes the mouse is there but can't click on anything, etc etc.

What are other people's successes? It seems my only option is to disable my left screen and do away with dual monitors while playing games. I also have the same problem with XBMC, it will ONLY run on my left monitor, no matter what I try unless I unplug it fully.

Hello, I'm also running dual screens. Is there some way to choose which screen the game uses or troubleshoot it? Right now my mouse cursor is on my left screen while the game is on the right screen (you can't move it to the right one, the only thing you can do is open/close menus with F11 or Esc or something or close the game with Alt+F4). I will also open a ticket and if there is a good solution I will post it here.

I'm Sorry, dual head support is pretty much nonexistent in our d3d code. The best workaround is to run the game in windowed mode. I think it also offers some hybrid mode where it runs at the full resolution, disables window borders and tells d3d that it is running in windowed mode.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ1BmQzlXRmZzMmZUdHpYQyIsImdkcHIiOjB9