Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I get random crashes after an hour or so of playing

Running the latest Nvidia Driver and the latest version of Crossover. I have an updated Antergos box and installed crossover using their bin install. Before that I installed, all the required libraries from looking at the AUR website for crossover. Let me give you some insight on my main rig setup;

4930k at 4.5 Ghz
Nvidia 780 Ghz Edition
16 GBs of Ram
Running it on a 2TB HD Hybrid Drive

The game installed fine and no issues to report. At random I get the crash report that AreaNet has crashed. I see it happen very hour or so. Does anyone have any suggestions what I could try? I have not made any changes to the bottle as I have left it as is when installing.

Thanks for any help.

I have noticed more crashes since the introduction of the mega servers, I suspect this has to do with more players when fighting in world events. Disable quality and detail on players can make things hold a bit longer. For me the crashes ain't as frequent.

Does this happen when just idling, or is active gameplay in heavily populated areas required to reproduce this?

Actually it happens quite frequently in the capitol cities near the auction houses. While I am there deciding what to sell and what to store I will get the crashes. I could be because they are lots of people and they are all casting lots of spells around me. I can see that my CPU jumps to 4.5 Ghz and it stays there when playing. I have gone maybe 3 hours without having a crash but that was outside the main city questing with a friend.

Please let me know what I can provide to help make this a better experience.

Thank you

Do you have High-Res Textures enabled? Because there is a bug in GW2 on 32 bit systems. As far as I know GW2 in Linux always runs as a 32 bit application and this can cause memory errors.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/tech/Crash-Out-of-Memory-Windows-32-Bit-Problem
http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1420nx/out_of_memory_crashing_to_desktop/

I don't know if this problem still exists after the latest patch.

I'm running all settings on the lowest possible or disabled if possible and it still cranes a lot when taking part of world events.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVHhKSFFFUll3d0x6aE5OWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9