Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 14

Hi

I just wanted to report that the bug https://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=33479 is in Crossover 14. This was not a problem in 13.2

Also the performance seems to be much worse than it was in 13.2. I am running at 20 fps in Lions Arch when no other players are around. In 13.2 I had about 40 fps.

Please look into possible fixes, Thanks

Yes, I have the same issue, around 50% or less of the frame rate comapred to 13.2, it's like when running the game in window mode (actually there is no performance difference in 14 when running full screen or window, in 13.2 you get a lot more on full screen than window mode).

I seem to suffer from slow inputs, which seems to fit the Wine bug.

Would be nice if we could see a fix quite soon, or I need to downgrade (which there was support for multiple versions like in cedega).

Something unrelated, I start to have python scrashes for the GUI, would it be possible to see a python3 based gui soon too?

Could you folks specify which OS you're running? If linux, then which distro, if Mac OS X, which version.

I am currently running Ubuntu Utopic Unicorn.
My Graphics Card is a Nvidia GTX 770 running with Nvidia driver version 343 (if that's somehow important).

Please write in to our Support Team with these issues.

When you do so, please include a copy of the output of:

/opt/cxoffice/bin/cxdiag &> ~/Desktop/cxdiag.txt

If you have the ability to downgrade to CrossOver 13.2 while we work to triage this issue, please do so.

For distributions using testing libraries, please use one of the builds available here, access code glib2.

For older distributions,

Debian based distributions
RPM based distrbutions
Other distributions

Thanks for the support and the links. Good luck in the Bug Hunt 😊

I still have the half frame rate in GW2 (Funtoo, two different machines with nVidia's latest drivers on 4.1.x kernel). I did try the 14.1.4 version today.

With 14.1.4 I get in the character selection window kind of 25fps and in the game I get around 7fps (windowed mode half the fps to 12 and 4).

With 13.2.0 I get in the character selection window kind of 50fps and in the game I get around 16fps

The only thing that seems to work better in 14.1.4 compared to 13.2.0 is the audio.

I'm holding my fingers crossed that 15.x series will work better.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQVV2UGZnQk03VlRFdmhnTiIsImdkcHIiOjB9