Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How to apply these wine patchs to boost FPS of GW2?

someone in the WineHQ says that he got 30~60 FPS for the following patches.
But I don't know how to apply this to my CrossOver.

Following is his message from Wine HQ forum (https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=26558) :

Gallium Nine / Wine 1.7.38 patched to Download / Youtube Videos
by David TECHER on Saturday March 14th 2015, 10:46

Wine 1.7.38 + Gallium Nine + Patches for this game can be downloaded at www.mediafire.com/?r7drj8c8te4m8rd

Here is a couple of video

Default Settings: www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLhmTqTnY5Ke_wQ771BiiJaye0K9j-738p&feature=player_detailpage&v=GqEtUK1rEWQ

Higher Graphical Settings: www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLhmTqTnY5Ke_wQ771BiiJaye0K9j-738p&feature=player_detailpage&v=YD7-4-9Arcs

Letting default settings I got a graphical glitch which can be fixed by trying a couple of options in graphical options as showned in the second video.

Got decent FPS: 30-60

While installing the game the well-known issue for "ms_io account" (something like this) can occur. Just stop the launcher and relaunch it.

Using a virtual desktop is highly recommended. Here I used Resolution=1920x1080 (winetricks vd=1920x1080)

Hope it helps.

David.

Thank you very much.

Just sit and wait and see what patches CodeWeavers may include in next release.

You can always compile your own wine and test and see if it works for you while you are waiting.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMndma0NQTFRDQUZUcHVzdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9