Guild Wars 2 Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Heart of Thorns last beta makes it impossible to play

I have two machines that we sometimes play Guild Wars 2, we haven't jumped on the HoT beta, as we think the expansion is expensive to us who already own the game, but we are still affected of all the updates. On one machine the game is almost unplayable with CX13.2.0 (5-14fps) and it is unplayable with CX14.1.8 (2 fps).

Had been nice to see something that would improve the performance of the game and specially a 13.2.1 release, as the 14 has just been a horrible experience for me...

Distribution: Unsupported
Kernel: 4.1.9 (Arch Linux config)
Nvidia driver: 355.11
DE: KDE 4 (Composite enabled)

Machine 1:
Gfx: GK107 [GeForce GT 640]
Cpu: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 651 Quad-Core Processor
Ram: 16G

Machine 2:
Gfx: GK106 [GeForce GTX 660]
Cpu: AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor
Ram: 24G

RegEdit:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D/UseGLSL = enabled
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Wine/Direct3D/VideoMemorySize = 1024

Seems that vsync enabled in nvidia-settings makes the FPS to get really low, disabling it makes GW2 to get a number of FPS more which makes the game a bit more playable, but also affect the desktop environment to be less optimal (not always everything get properly updated).

Sorry to hear about your troubles with GW2. I'm running GW2 on my laptop with Intel graphics and getting mid 20's to 30's fps, ie very playable. I just checked not 5 min ago and all is working fine in GW2 including the latest patch.

Basic specs of my system
Memory: 7.7 GiB
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz × 8
Graphics Intel® Haswell Mobile
Base system: Antergos Linux 64-bit

Running 14.1.8 of crossover

Bob

I have been using PlayOnLinux with a staging version of wine, then I get up in ~22 FPS in the game and it's generally playable. Using crossover 14.1.11 I get ~25 FPS at the character selection and in the game it drops down to ~12 FPS and it's like frames are missing. For me the whole 14.x has been worse for each release. 13.2 is better, but not as good as a current wine staging.

I too get a lot of slow downs when playing GW2, almost unplayable.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU0d1UEs2QVZSR2tZWlA0UCIsImdkcHIiOjB9