Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Ability to disable CrossOver shortcuts (mac)

It may not be a GuildWars only issue but I was trying GuildWars when it happened. I'm sorry to post this here but I cannot open a support ticket because I haven't purchased CrossOver yet.

In GuildWars, the Alt-key highlights every NPC, this is very useful and I always keep Alt pressed when wandering in towns.

The problem is, the iMac keyboard being what it is, I often find myself pressing the Command-key instead of the Alt-key.

As move commands are Q,S,D,Z on my AZERTY keyboard, I often press Command-Q (trying to highlight NPCs while turning left) which close CrossOver, the bottle and my game.

In the Preferences/Keyboard and Mouse, there is a message saying that Command can always be used to invoke CrossOver shortcuts. It would be nice to have a checkbox here in order to completely disable CrossOver shortcuts during an emulation.

Hmm. We've had a request for the same feature for a different purpose from another user. I'll look into it.

I worry though, because it is sometimes important to be able to issue those commands using the keyboard. For example, when a game is stuck in full-screen mode.

There is actually a simple way to avoid that.
I also had the same problem, hitting  Q a lot of times, and I get bored...

The solution I've found is to open the "Preference System", go to "Keyboard and mouse", then Shortcuts.

Here you can assign a shortcut for any software you want. So I've change the Quit =  Q by  alt Q
The same for "close window".
Now GW doesn't quit when I don't want ;)
Hoping this will help.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVFp4bjRhUmRmVjh6RlhhWSIsImdkcHIiOjB9