Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver Game

I just tried out Guild wars on CrossOver Game trial, and I have to say, I am extremely impressed on your work. Indeed, the wine developers rated Platinum on wine version 0.9.55 for guild wars, and I am very pleased to see that you are using that version on CrossOver Game.

There are some minor annoyances that I should report. While on fullscreen mode, switching to windowed mode doesn't give me the windows borders, so it's stuck on the upper left side of the screen without any way to adjust. Exiting and restarting the game fixes it. Again, an extremely minor issue.

Also, does CrossOver Game "fully" support DX9 now? The original CrossOver had limited DX9 support.

If it does, up to which version? The most current update for DX9 was March 2008 as far as I know.

Great job on bringing this excellent game to the mac world =).

I just VNCed from work to my Mac to install this and get the install running for this game. I'm looking forward to it knowing that it will be playing better now. Does the issue with losing the mouse still happen with CrossOver Game 7.0? It wasnt too big of a deal for me but when others would jump on my Mac they would freak out.

Yes, we support dx9 now for Guils Wars. We have our general dx9 support enabled on Linux(we're using GLSL for shaders), but we've kept it disabled on MacOS due to driver problems, and just enabled it for selected games. Guild Wars in does not use DirectX9, even if it is running in "directx9 mode", it still uses features only that already existed in dx8.

The mouse bug should be fixed. There is still some extremely rare problem that happened to some nightly build testers, were the mouse would suddenly get lost and the game had to be restarted to recover from that. In the two months I worked on Guild Wars it happened once to me, and we have handful of reports of this issue, but I think it is a minor issue.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNjZxdm1CdUNkS1FNTVo4VSIsImdkcHIiOjB9