Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Radeon x1950 Pro, Kubuntu 7.10 and AMD64 dualcore ... will it work?

Hello,

trying Guild Wars with the latest wine version only gets me a freezed window.

env WINEPREFIX="/home/tt/.wine" wine "C:\Programme\GUILD WARS\Gw.exe" -windowed -noshaders -dx8

Is there reason for me to believe your tool will make a difference?
I already learned today that my graphic card is one of the worst to have with linux as its from ATI ...
Bad luck, the card is great with WinXP which I used till yesterday and may use again if I don't get Guild Wars running ... ;o)

Help is appreciated!

TT

The Linux ATI driver has some problems with multithreaded OpenGL, which Guild Wars uses to a certain extend. But you can download our demo and see if it works for you.

Doesn't look good.
Installation went well as far as I can see.
When Guild Wars starts, the resolution changes to something nasty and nothing happens after the splash screen.
I have to use Ctrl-Alt-Esc to kill it and then need to log out and back in to get the resolution back to normal.

Any hints?

Can I configure a windowed startup?

Have a read in the Tips & Tricks, the tab is in the top right of the this window, there is very valuable info' for you there.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibmtIRXZ3ejJGQUp5YUg0VyIsImdkcHIiOjB9