Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

unable to see in game

I recently purchased CrossOver Games for Mac. I read over the other threads but nothing seemed to help my situation. I am running 10.5.2 Leopard. My specs are:

Hardware Overview:
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook4,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.1 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB41.00C1.B00
SMC Version: 1.31f0
Serial Number: W88092UR0P0
Sudden Motion Sensor:
State: Enabled
Intel GMA X3100:
Chipset Model: GMA X3100
Type: Display
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 144 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2a02
Revision ID: 0x0003
Displays:
Color LCD:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Depth: 32-bit Color
Built-In: Yes
Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Quartz Extreme: Supported
Display Connector:

This is what my screen looks like from character select and on:
[IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn79/wbxqy249/Picture1.png[/IMG]

This issue has been described before, but I am not sure if regarding Guild Wars. This seems to be a driver bug in the Intel X3100 driver. Unfortunately I do not yet have a system with one of those cards, so I could not debug it yet. There is no known workaround yet, even falling back to dx8 or not using shaders doesn't help.

So there's nothing I can do about it until the code is debugged? Guild Wars was the only reason I bought Cross Over Games. Do you have any idea of when this would be debugged? Any chace of a temporary fix?

Hi Jonathan.
I've no solution for you unfortunatly but one question : didn't you try Crossover Games before buying it ?

i read in the forums that it was working great and how happy other people were with it. it never occurred to me that there would be a bug in the chipset. hopefully it gets taken care of soon and i can play guild wars again.

ok
Hope you'll have a solution soon !

so do i. i opened a ticket a few days ago, but as of yet, i havent heard anything. i even talked to some people at the mac store, but they said they dont know when the update for the graphics chips will be out, so i dont know. i really hope it gets taken care of soon.

A user reported on IRC that the 10.5.3 update fixes this bug. However, there's another new or not yet fixed bug with hero amor.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiM3RxNjhmd2dHU2FaVFF0NCIsImdkcHIiOjB9