Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Unable to message in Guild Wars

I have a MBP running Mac OSX and I'm using Crossover Games. So here is my problem. Guild Wars will be running perfectly for about 5-10 min of gameplay. After that time, I am unable to type into the chat box. Everything else works fine that's keyboard related such as movement and pressing keys for menus. And when this happens, every time I press enter the game changes to some random resolution. When I press enter again it will change back.

Any thoughts on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds a bit like the alt key gets "stuck"... Can you check the state of the numlock and capslock keys? Maybe activating / deactivating them makes a difference

Well I tried pressing the alt and caps lock keys and here's what happened. Pressing the alt key lets me type for a little while and leaving caps lock on lets me use the spacebar. If caps lock is off, I can't use the spacebar. And these keys can't be stuck because I haven't had any problems with these keys elsewhere.

I'll try to reproduce this myself. I think I haven't used chatting myself yet, except a few spammy test messages. However, I don't think this is a widespread issue, otherwise otherwise others would have reported it long ago

I tried reproducing this in Guild Wars for awhile myself and couldn't.

It's just my luck that this would happen to me. I tried reinstalling Crossover and Guild Wars but that didn't help. So, I don't really know what to do.

Do you have any keyboard or mouse input enhancer apps or kernel extensions?

No enhancer apps or kernel extensions. I'm using the built in keyboard and a USB mouse.

Ok I found the problem. I have my spaces set up to use the apple key and arrows. So whenever I switch back to Guild Wars, I press the apple key and everything works perfectly. I guess that key was getting "stuck".

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUGVSYmh4U2FaN3A5TUJmUiIsImdkcHIiOjB9