Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

mouse/clicking Xs/camera angle

I just installed GW last night. I have noticed three small problems:

1. When I open a box like "Inventory" or a dialog box, it tatkes a while for the "X" in the corner to allow me to click on it to close the box

2. The slightest bump of the little track wheel on my mouse changes my view of the screen to an aerial view that is difficult to remove. This was an earlier post; was it fixed?

3. The only "real" problem is that the arrow keys do not work to move the character; this matters when I am moving (running, especially!) and trying to operate a dialogue box, my inventory, or chagne me weapons on the run. Any fix for that?

Apart from these three small glitches, all looks very good--I think I will buy when my trial runs out. Sure beats paying $130 for Leopard!

Jerry N wrote:

1. When I open a box like "Inventory" or a dialog box, it tatkes a
    while for the "X" in the corner to allow me to click on it to close
    the box

That issue is new to me. Can you provide me with step-by-step instructions how to reproduce it?

Jerry N wrote:

1. The slightest bump of the little track wheel on my mouse changes
    my view of the screen to an aerial view that is difficult to remove.
    This was an earlier post; was it fixed?

There are some threads on various app's forums about problems with the scroll speed. I don't have any link handy right now, but the search function may reveal something

Jerry N wrote:

1. The only "real" problem is that the arrow keys do not work to
    move the character; this matters when I am moving (running,
    especially!) and trying to operate a dialogue box, my inventory, or
    chagne me weapons on the run. Any fix for that?

That's a known problem - see http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/browse/name/?app_id=1658;forum=1;msg=32809

Jerry N Posted:

1. When I open a box like "Inventory" or a dialog box, it tatkes a while for the "X" in the corner to allow me to click on it to close the box

That issue is new to me. Can you provide me with step-by-step instructions how to reproduce it?

Let's say I just logged on and resumed the first assasin mission. I want to check my inentory to see how much gold i have. I hit the "I" key. So far, OK. But then I try to close the Inventory by clicking the "X" in the upper right hand corner. It take sa few tries to put the cursor on jest the right sopt to get the "X" to highlight. Then, I have to double (or triple) click to get it to close. Once in a while It will only close if I hit the "I" again. There were two times shen it didn't close at all and I had to logout and restart from the character selection screen.

In general, the mouse seems less "sensitive" when I'm trying to point and click, but too sensitive when I touch the track ball or the right click. perhaps I need to upgrade my mouse driver?

BTW: Is there a way to temporarily allocate more memory to the game before I play and then reassign it back to the rest of the applications when I'm done? I think that this might be the issue--I have 2 MB on an apple isight G5.

I'll see if I can reproduce the inventory item issue.

Memory isn't allocated for Windows apps like with virtual machines. The Game runs as a normal MacOS process. If it requests memory, it is allocated directly from MacOS. If it frees memory, MacOS is told that the memory is free and can be reused for other applications. So Guild Wars in CrossOver behaves exactly like a real MacOS app.

I don't think you're on a G5 - CrossOver wouldn't work there, it needs an Intel CPU.

just out of curiosity, are you using mighty mouse? i have to say that mighty mouse is no good for gaming, it has no actual clicker, and the track ball is so hyper sensitive. when i play gw under crossover 7, i changed the mouse into standard mouse, with two clickers and scroll bar that does up and down only.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWm5ZTmNrM0FUOXZVY1JBVSIsImdkcHIiOjB9