Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Launch GW from Command Line

I'm interested in sending some information to the GW exe on launch. For example, the GW exe will accept a password on launch with -password "pw_string".

I'm using CrossOver Games v7.0. I did see some promising information on command line launching, but the given examples only lead me to believe it might be possible, there wasn't enough documentation for me to make it work.

Here's what I've tried:

~/cxoffice/bin/wine --bottle win2000 --cx-app Gw.exe
~/cxoffice/bin/CrossOver\ Games --bottle win2000 --cx-app Gw.exe
/Applications/Games/CrossOver\ Games --bottle win2000 --cx-app Gw.exe

Each resulted with: No such file or directory

Suggestions? Examples?

Nevermind, I found what I needed here:
GW Tips

You're linking the wrong file is all.

"/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/Game/drive_c/Program Files/Guild Wars/Gw.exe" -nosound
Here's an example of running the game "command line" with no sound.
You can do the same and add -password with your password, or -email with your login name.
Arenanet recommend not doing so for security reasons, but whatever.

Now if you always want to run it like that, once you have the command set up, through Command Line in Crossover, just save to Program Menu, and you can run that anytime.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieUJVclRyaGdhSlJNUlFuRiIsImdkcHIiOjB9