Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

10.5.5 update causing MAJOR graphic glitches with GW

Yesterday, I upgraded my Quad-core Mac Pro with ATI RADEON 1900XT video card to Leopard 10.5.5. I had been having great success running Guild Wars with Crossover Games 7.1.1. Unfortunately, when I tried running Guild Wars today it was totally unusable. The graphics are almost incomprehensible, see screen shots at:
Guild Wars Pics

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this problem or anyone had any suggestions on how to get things back working. I really enjoyed playing with Crossover much more than rebooting to Windows with Boot Camp.

Thanks,
Brian

imageimageimage

Have you adjusted any of your DX9 settings to enable them for other games?

I have not made any changes to the DX9 settings. Guild Wars is the only game I am using with Crossover Games.

Brian

Can you attempt a fresh install of Guild Wars into a fresh bottle?

I am running with a MacBook Pro with an ATI X1600 with 3GB of RAM. I have just freshly installed the software and then installed Guild Wars. I am experiencing the same problems withe the game. Does anyone else have an ideas?

-Barry

I tried reinstalling Crossover Games and reinstalling Guild Wars - no change. I am able to get Guild Wars to function fairly well using the -dx8 and -noshaders commands. Using the -dx9 command, the game is unplayable showing the same graphics problems that occurred with no command arguments. I was not running GW with those commands previously. There seems to be more graphics glitches with DX8 than before but not so many that the game is unplayable.

It seems that there are several known issues with graphics...

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=8114972

Not perfectly related to your specs, but perhaps some of the solutions would help. Have you tried restarting your computer?

Have you tried reverting to the 10.5.4 video driver? (system/library/extensions)

It looks to me like a bug I worked around on Intel chips. Can you try the unsupported build we released yesterday(the Spore special)? It should have a better fix for this(avoids the "broken" codepath entirely)

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

It looks to me like a bug I worked around on Intel chips. Can you
try the unsupported build we released yesterday(the Spore special)?
It should have a better fix for this(avoids the "broken" codepath
entirely)

Same thing with Macbook Pro Core Duo with X1600 Graphics when updated to 10.5.5. Using the 7.1.2 unsupported build fixed it, however.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSllFSzRYdzJMd3prQmZoSiIsImdkcHIiOjB9