Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

probs with commandline parameter startup

Hi,

I tried to start GW with this command line:
"/Users/HagenIMac/Library/Application Support/CrossOver Games/Bottles/win2000/drive_c/Program Files/GUILD WARS/Gw.exe" -dx9 -password=???????

but unfortunatly the Password option will not work in this way. I tried it also in the way ......-password=?????? -dx9 but does not work

If I use only -password it works fine. I do not have to type my PW

If I use only -dx9 it works fine. But I´m still not sure if DX9 is running then can I check this.

THX

hagen

Did you try the Programs->Run command menu entry for this?

try to change the order of parameters, guild wars command line parsing is rudimentary and order has its importance.

oh, and you can see if it's in dx8 or dx9 mode down below the settings (F11) page in the graphics tab. besides, dx8 mode usually exhibits at least some noticeable artifacting.

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

Yes I did

hagen@netcologne.de wrote:

Stefan Dösinger wrote:

Yes I did

Strange. That always worked for me.

You can also try to open the extended options on the dialog, and use the "open shell" button. This will give you a Mac shell. You can cd into the directory where gw is installed and run it with a command like this:

wine gw.exe -dx8

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidmtXV1l5dzdyU3ZxQWdWUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9