Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

tried some logging.

i did some logging. today.
i recognized the following.

one mistake witch comes only ONCE in the hole Log file and just before the end is:

err:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_SetLightEnable Too many concurrently active lights

```followed a 100 times of this.  

fixme:dbghelp:SymInitializeW what to do ??
fixme:dbghelp:SymInitializeW what to do ??

with this at the end  
```err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 1040 bytes in thread 000f eip 9000b10d esp 66e1fbf0 stack 0x66e20000-0x66f2f000```

then there is some stuff wich appears erlier in the log.

**My real nooby gues is that those damned freezings witch appear randomly are cause by this mistake. i dont no how to fix the problem... but without the "too many current lights" error there would be no "system InitializeW" message and in consequence there would be no "stack overflow"**

PS: maybee it helps.. the crash report i did (only once) said:  

Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001)
Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x01edf454

PPS i noticed that -noshaders comes along with a great performance boost. And with one missing error.-> means using shader produces only one little error. (there is a chance that i missed something)  

fixme:d3d_draw:drawStridedFast >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GL_INVALID_OPERATION (0x502) from glDrawElements @ drawprim.c / 279

this error appears more than 1000 times in about 5 minute playtime. getting this error removed would probably make shaders useful....(or.. i hope it does) ...This error made my logfile 59 MB big... (at 5 minute playtime....) shit !!!

EDIT: playing in the RA (Random Arena) is a nearly 100% sure freezing the game within 10 minutes.(2nd or third map) this way anybody can confirm the "to many lights" bug.

there is a link for a part of the log file. [ LOG FILE](http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C5A94D4T)

As you have guessed, the "fixme:dbghelp:SymInitializeW what to do ?? " and "err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 1040 bytes in thread 000f eip 9000b10d esp 66e1fbf0 stack 0x66e20000-0x66f2f000" are only the symptom of the problem, not the cause. The dbghelp fixme is the debug helper library trying to extract debug symbols, and somewhere when trying to extract a crash log, another exception occurs and everything just dies.

The "fixme:d3d_draw:drawStridedFast ... " line complains about an error reported by the opengl driver. It could be caused by a driver bug, or by a broken shader. I think it is a broken shader because I ran accross a bug where we violated the GL_ARB_vertex_program specification. The Nvidia Linux driver ignored that, but MacOS caught the issue and refused to use the shader. This will be fixed in 7.0.

that means there is no fix in one of the following nightly builds? too bad.

The fix will be in the nightlies of course as soon as I have it. I will write an alert to the advocate forum as soon as I have something to test in the nightlies.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoibWhlbUNLYTI5V3RNUzJ5aCIsImdkcHIiOjB9