Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Load Up Problems

hey everyone,
I'm on the trial for CrossOver for Mac, mainly because I want to play Guild Wars on my MacBook Pro. I installed CrossOver and Guild Wars, then put in the OSX Disk 1 and everything. Then I got into Guild Wars, pulled up my profile, and loaded into Augury Rock. But it gets to "100%" and then just stops and doesn't do anything. I have the NVIDIA video card in my computer and everything, so I shouldn't have a problem running it. But for each screen, from Augury Rock to the Monastery, it just stops at 100%, and then very often freezes when I tell it to quit. I'm so confused, and frustrated because this should be working. Any advice anyone could give me?
Rachel

Hi!

Did you try starting Guild Wars without the "-noshaders" option? Then GW looks quite ugly, but it should be more stable...

you tried a different charackter in another location?

i am not 100% sure what your problem is..
-you installed guildwars new?
-you play with THIS instalation allredy?
-You have a windoof avalible? and tried starting the game there?

for me. i got bootcamp windoof installed guildwars there an started it later on in crossover. so i use one instalation of GW with windows and osx depending witch ive booted in.

I'm not the only one!!!!!! Hi!!!!!! The same exact thing happens to me!! I used to be able to run gw using crossover but then my friend did something and it stopped working, it went up to 100% and froze just like yours. I tried to reinstall it many times and it keeps having the same error. I entered all the codes people told me to try to no avail. If you find out anyone who can fix this please let me know!
~Voraka

We are currently working on a new release that should work much better with Guild Wars. We hope to release it soon.

Those who are on demo currently and the demo time runs out can of course try the new demo later on.

Try running Guild Wars with the "-window" option. cxmac and Guild Wars in full screen just don't seem to get along sometimes.

I'm having a problem similar to this, particularly when zoning into the Hall of Monuments. Loading screen pops up, loads to either 99% - 1 file left - decompressing, or 100% - 0 files left - loading, and then freezes. When i do it in windowed mode, it freezes somewhere between 10% and 60%. I'm using the Mac trial of CrossOver.

More pressingly, Guild Wars likes to freeze at seemingly random intervals. It's frozen when I'm moving, when I accidentally press option and hold both mouse buttons, and it's frozen when I'm not doing anything.

Mike, have you tried CrossOver Games? It should work better.

what kind of graphic are you using? GMA950 or GMA x3100? things should be ok if you're not using one of these.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY05XOUY5Sk51YW5YOGRWMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9