Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Informing NCsoft

Has code weavers tried informing NCsoft of the capabilities of the crossover? In the F.A.Q. for Prophecies, there is a section asking about whether or not Guild Wars would be avaliable for other OSs (plural of OS) and the response was that they are keeping their options open and aknowledge a desire for this but had no imidiate plans (exact quote at bottom) but there was no mention in either the Factions or Nightfall FAQ. If they had aknowledged the disire pre-release of the first game then they must understand that there is still demand now. How would CodeWeavers get in touch with NCsoft or would that be something that a user would have to inform NCsoft of themselves? Also, can anyone give me an idea of how many people play Guild Wars on mac as of now, i know that there are at least 18 because of the number of votes but there must be more who haven't voted. i bet if enough people get on a petition of some-sort requesting NCsoft to work with CodeWeavers they'll work out a deal. So, in case you are wondering, no, i don't have anything better to do with my time than this. It is exam time, what am i supposed to do? Study?

Prophecies FAQ
[b]Will the game be released on a different OS (Macintosh, Linux, etc.), or on other video game consoles?
[/b]
Guild Wars was developed and initially released on the PC. We are aware that there is an interest in having the game available on other operating systems or other platforms, and we will continue to evaluate these possibilities in the future.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOExUY0tMbUNKY3dZTjJGZCIsImdkcHIiOjB9