Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Control key misbehavior

A few commands that rely on the Control key don't work.

When out and about playing in an explorable area, a few targeting commands should work, but they don't on my system. Control - double-click re-centers my camera view rather than calling a target (though Control-space after selecting a target does work) http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Target#How_to_call_a_target.

Control - click on my build in town doesn't ping it to the chat window, it also re-centers my camera view. (See third definition of Ping http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Ping.)

There may be other Control key issues, but I haven't noticed them yet.

I have Left Ctrl assigned to Targeting: Show Targets, but the problem persists even when I remove that key assignment. I have also Restore(d) Defaults to the keyboard assignments.

Here's my setup:

MacBook Pro 2.5 GHz
Mac OS X 10.6.6
Crossover Games: 10.0 (also in 9.2)
GW: 32,687

Any hints?

I can say that I've never had these problems in Linux. Sounds to me like some OS-defined behavior for ctrl+click.

Out of curiosity, does it work if you assign 'Targeting: Show Targets' to some innocuous key (= for example), and hold that down and click?

It's the old "check CrossOver Preferences" trick:

CrossOver Games>Preferences>Keyboard and Mouse>

Uncheck "Enable keyboard modifiers for mouse buttons"

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiOFUzOVpuS1ZMUVdBbnlwcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9