Guild Wars Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Right clicking causes a loss of focus

Has anyone else experienced the situation where if you right click multiple times in a row, while doing nothing else in between (meaning other clicks or keypresses) it causes GW to lose focus? Every 3 clicks if you do it repeatedly will cause GW to lose focus. Also, it seems to cause the mouse to somewhat warp to the center of the screen. For example when I was running two instances of the game, it would cause my mouse to warp to the other instance on my main screen to amusing effect.

Doug,
Could you please provide moe detail as to your environment please. Mac, Linux, etc version. Any and all information is great at letting the developers diagnos the error if there is one.

Thank you!

Sincerely,
David Tenney

http://www.dcasi.com
http://www.pctechworld.com

Mac Pro 2009 octo, GTX 285,
Currently OSX 10.6.2, CXG 8.2.0
I've tried this in win2k,xp and vista bottles and various versions of CXG since the lame duck and the release of 8.

I've always had weird behavior right clicking. And I wondered if others had it as well, since I got around to seeing that if you right click repeatedly every 3 clicks it causes focus to leave the window, most easily presented if you have Guild Wars mute when it is in the background.

I have similar problems but only in windowed mode.

So, at first I could not reproduce this issue. However, I eventually did notice something strange. If I right-click in the same place each time, without moving the mouse, then the cursor starts alternating between the last place I put it and the center of the screen (not the window). The click from when the cursor is inappropriately shown in the center of the screen has no effect other than to move the cursor back to where I last left it.

However, if the center of the screen happens to be outside of your Guild Wars window, then clicking when it's there will take focus away from Guild Wars. Hmm, actually, it only seems to happen if there's another Windows program's window at that position. If there's just a Mac-native app's window, or the desktop, at that position, then Guild Wars doesn't seem to lose focus, although the cursor temporarily turns in to the Mac standard arrow and the click is still ignored. Very weird.

For what it's worth, I noticed this when testing on an iMac with ATI Radeon HD 2600, but not when testing on a Mac Pro with Nvidia GeForce 8800. It may be that I was just missing it on the Mac Pro, though. I can try retesting when I next have access to the Mac Pro.

I'll enter this into our bug tracker.

I suppose I should mention I do play almost exclusively in windowed mode. Otherwise how would I use wiki on the other screen?

Unless you run multiple copies of GW its not a huge problem, obviously since no one has complained before, but it is a bit strange so I figured I'd ask if anyone else had experienced it.

Also, to elaborate on the "going to the center of the screen" if you have multiple monitors, I'm guessing you'll find it doesn't go to the center of the one you're playing on, but the center of the "main screen" as determined by the position of the toolbar.

Actually, no, it goes to the center of the desktop (or the center of the rectangle which encompasses all of the screens). And I can confirm that it's happening on the Mac Pro, too, which is where I have multiple displays. I didn't notice it in earlier testing precisely because I don't normally keep a Windows program's window covering the center of the desktop, and so the effect is less pronounced.

In a way, that's what I was saying though apparently not very clearly, I usually play with my GW not on the center screen. I've never noticed it only lost focus when another app was open. It's probably what causes the wild camera reorientation while right clicking.

"wild camera reorientation" - is this when the camera view (and facing) occasionally jumps randomly while holding down the right mouse button and steering or looking around?

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzA4NjEzODE4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVDN5bU5NN1kzMkZTQlNVcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9